Pastor Todd continues The Story.
For further thought:
1. Abraham left his homeland and family to follow God. What did God say his reward would be?
2. What might God be asking you to give up to follow him?
3. What made Abraham righteous in God’s sight? How is this fact relevant for your life?
4. Why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac? What did Abraham—and Isaac—learn from this experience?
5. Because Jacob had shrewdly acquired Esau’s birthright and stolen their father’s blessing, Jacob feared his brother’s revenge. How did Jacob prepare for his meeting with Esau?
6. What attitude did Jacob have when he wrestled with the “man” who Jacob eventually realized was actually God?